Massage therapy is recommended as a way to relax and recuperate after partaking in physical therapy. Massage is commonly described as rubbing and manipulating your muscles and ligaments to relieve tension or pain. There is a wide selection of massages which have different benefits. The following is a breakdown of some massages offered at Advantage Physical Therapy in Kalamazoo:
- Swedish massage – this form of massage is used to relax and reenergize you. Physical therapists at Advantage Physical Therapy will use deep circular movements and kneading to ensure you enjoy this type of massage.
- Deep massage – any physical therapist in Kalamazoo, MI will use this type of massage to ensure successful treatment of any form of muscle damage. Deep massage needs the physical therapist to use slow and forceful strokes to get to the deep layers of muscles and tissue.
- Sports massage – Physical therapists at Advantage Physical Therapy understand that even athletes need to relax and recuperate. They use this form of massage to prevent and also effectively treat injuries. It is very similar to Swedish massage.
Benefits of massage
Massage therapy is considered a form of alternative medicine but it has been proven to be highly effective. It is due to this that Advantage Physical Therapy adopted it into its programs. The benefits associated with massage therapy include:
- Reduces stress
- Helps with pain and muscle tension.
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
While massage therapy has a wide selection of benefits, it isn’t meant to be a replacement for regular medical treatments. While physical therapists at Advantage Physical are seasoned experts in massage therapy, you should avoid some forms of massage as they;
- Cause burns
- Open up healing wounds
These are mostly by visiting inexperienced physical therapists in Kalamazoo, MI. Visit our center in Kalamazoo and let our physical therapist discuss the pros and cons of massage therapy before you commit yourself.