Most women think of the aches that accompany pregnancy as normal. After all, 50 to 70 percent of pregnant women experience it. The good news is that you do not have to go through all those months of agony on your own. The physical therapists in Portage, MI can be there for you every step of the way.
A quick take on Pregnancy Pain
Pregnant women normally experience pain in the lower parts of their back. Medical professionals give several reasons for these pains.
- When a woman gets pregnant, she usually experiences an increase in weight. The increased weight, like with an obese person, stresses the woman’s backbone. Stress on the spine results in back pain
- Pregnant women do not exercise a lot because they have to take care of themselves, particularly through the first trimester. Less exercise results in weaker muscles and joints which cause pain when the extra pregnancy weight stresses them
- Poor posturing during pregnancy
- Hormonal imbalance which affects the body’s processing of pain
Pregnancy pains affect many women, but few of them do anything about the pains.Booking a session with a physical therapist in Portage, MI is the first step in getting help to deal with these pains.
Using Physical Therapy to deal with Pregnancy Pain
Some people think that physical therapy is for those people who have just undergone surgery or those that need rehabilitation from after suffering from trauma. That is the reason why some women do not realize the significance of the therapy during pregnancy.
Physical therapists at Advantage Physical Therapy clinic give several reasons why you should get into physical therapy when you are pregnant. The first is relief from pain. Successful treatment of back pains associated with pregnancy also leads to increased energy levels in pregnant women. Physical therapy at Advantage Physical therapy improves the health of any woman who goes through the process while pregnant. According to physical therapists in Portage, MI, going through the exercises that a physical therapist will take you through during pregnancy also reduces the likelihood that you will suffer from pains after giving birth.
Only licensed physical therapists can give an effective treatment of back pain in pregnant women. These physical therapists help pregnant women deal with their pain using a series of exercises. Each type of exercise serves a different purpose.
- Stretching exercises help pregnant women retain their flexibility. They also reduce lower back pains in these women
- Strengthening exercises help would-be mothers build their endurance as well as strengthen their back muscles. Stronger muscles help these women bear the weights on their lower backs more easily. Physical therapists also use these exercises to correct poor postures in pregnant women
- Cardio exercises help pregnant women improve their blood circulation. Cardio exercises for pregnant women usually run to low-stress exercises like short walks
Don’t lie back and suffer through your pregnancy pain alone. Register for physical therapy at Advantage Physical Therapy today to make sure that you’re not just happy with the result, but also the process of your pregnancy.